Re: Document and/or remove unreachable code in tuptoaster.c from varvarlena patch

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Document and/or remove unreachable code in tuptoaster.c from varvarlena patch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Testers here were having a hard time constructing test cases to reach some
> lines touched by the varvarlena patch. Upon further investigation I'm
> convinced they're unreachable.

I'm not really happy with any of this patch.  ISTM that the stuff you
say is unreachable is only so because of non-essential behavioral
choices made in other parts of the code.  If we were to change those
other parts later, this code (after patching) would break.  I'd rather
leave complete coverage here and not make fragile assumptions; especially
so since these are presumably not performance-critical paths.