Re: Patch to improve reliability of postgresql on linux nfs

От George Barnett
Тема Re: Patch to improve reliability of postgresql on linux nfs
Дата
Re: Patch to improve reliability of postgresql on linux nfs
Список pgsql-hackers
On 12/09/2011, at 3:59 PM, Florian Pflug wrote:

> If you really meant to say "intr" there (and not "nointr") then that probably explains the partial writes.
>
> Still, I agree with Noah and Kevin that we ought to deal more gracefully with this, i.e. resubmit after a partial
read()or write(). AFAICS there's nothing to be gained by not doing that, and the increase in code complexity should be
negligible.If we do that, however, I believe we might as well handle EINTR correctly, even if SA_RESTART should prevent
usfrom ever seeing that.

Hi Florian,

You are indeed correct.  Setting nointr also resolves my issue.  I could swear I checked this, but obviously not.

It does still concern me that pgsql did not deal with this as gracefully as other software.  I hope the list will
considera patch to resolve that.

Thanks in advance,

George

От: Florian Pflug
Сообщение: Re: Patch to improve reliability of postgresql on linux nfs
От: Jun Ishiduka
Сообщение: Re: Online base backup from the hot-standby