Re: pg_restore out of memory

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_restore out of memory
Дата
Re: pg_restore out of memory  (Miguel Ramos <org.postgresql@miguel.ramos.name>)
Список pgsql-general
Miguel Ramos <org.postgresql@miguel.ramos.name> writes:
> So, what does this mean?
> Was it the client that aborted? I think I saw that "unexpected message
> type 0x58" on other types of interruptions.

Yeah, 0x58 is ASCII 'X' which is a Terminate message.  Between that and
the unexpected-EOF report, it's quite clear that the client side went
belly-up, not the server.  We still don't know exactly why, but given
that pg_restore reports "out of memory" before quitting, there must be
some kind of memory leak going on inside pg_restore.

> Jul 13 20:10:10 ema postgres[97889]: [867-1] LOG:  statement: COPY positioned_scan (id_dataset, id_acquired_set,
sequence_number,id_scan_dataset, latitude, longitude, height, srid, srid_vertical) FROM stdin;

I'm guessing from the column names that you've got some PostGIS data
types in this table.  I wonder if that's a contributing factor.

I'm still suspicious that this might be some sort of NOTICE-processing-
related buffer bloat.  Could you try loading the data with the server's
log_min_messages level cranked down to NOTICE, so you can see from the
postmaster log whether any NOTICEs are being issued to the pg_restore
session?