Re: UCT (Re: pgsql: Update time zone data files to tzdata release 2019a.)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: UCT (Re: pgsql: Update time zone data files to tzdata release 2019a.)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> * Andrew Gierth (andrew@tao11.riddles.org.uk) wrote:
> "Stephen" == Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> writes:
>> Stephen> Piling on to that, the regression was entwined with other
>> Stephen> important changes that we wanted to include in the release.
>>
>> I'm not sure what you're referring to here?

I was confused by that too.

> I was referring to the fact that the regression was introduced by a,
> presumably important, tzdb update (2019a, as mentioned above).  At
> least, I made the assumption that the commit of the import of 2019a had
> more than just the change that introduced the regression, but I'm happy
> to admit I'm no where near as close to the code here as you/Tom here.

Keep in mind that dealing with whatever tzdb chooses to ship is not
optional from our standpoint.  Even if we'd refused to import 2019a,
every installation using --with-system-tzdata (which, I sincerely hope,
includes most production installs) is going to have to deal with it
as soon as the respective platform vendor gets around to shipping the
tzdata update.  So reverting that commit was never on the table.

Сообщение: Re: UCT (Re: pgsql: Update time zone data files to tzdata release2019a.)
Сообщение: Re: UCT (Re: pgsql: Update time zone data files to tzdata release 2019a.)