Re: pg12 release notes

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg12 release notes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Still, it's an inconsistency in pg11.  I vote -0 to getting it
> backpatched, mostly because it seems like more work than is warranted.
> (I think the work consists not only of testing that the backpatched
> commit works correctly, but also documenting for 11.4 release notes how
> to fix existing catalogs after upgrading.)

Yeah, I agree.  Even if we back-patched a code change, nothing could
rely on relhassubclass for this purpose in a v11 database, because
of not knowing whether the user actually bothered to manually update
pre-existing indexes' entries.  Better to know that it doesn't work
than to be unsure if it does.