Re: array_agg() on a set larger than some arbitrary(?) limit causes runaway memory usage and eventually memory exhaustion

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: array_agg() on a set larger than some arbitrary(?) limit causes runaway memory usage and eventually memory exhaustion
Дата
Ответ на Re: array_agg() on a set larger than some arbitrary(?) limit causes runaway memory usage and eventually memory exhaustion  (Frank van Vugt <ftm.van.vugt@foxi.nl>)
Ответы Re: array_agg() on a set larger than some arbitrary(?) limit causes runaway memory usage and eventually memory exhaustion  (Frank van Vugt <ftm.van.vugt@foxi.nl>)
Re: array_agg() on a set larger than some arbitrary(?) limit causes runaway memory usage and eventually memory exhaustion  ("Tomas Vondra" <tv@fuzzy.cz>)
Список pgsql-bugs
Frank van Vugt <ftm.van.vugt@foxi.nl> writes:
> Op zondag 20 oktober 2013 12:57:43 schreef Tomas Vondra:
>> Attached is a quick patch removing the local memory context and using
>> aggcontext instead.

> It looks like this didn't go into git yet. Will it be in v9.2.6/v9.3.1?

Certainly not.  We can consider it for 9.4, if Tomas submits it to the
commitfest process, but it needs review and testing.  In particular
I'm skeptical that it probably outright breaks some cases (look at
makeMdArrayResult) and results in substantial added bloat, not savings,
in others.