Re: BUG #16659: postgresql leaks memory or do not limit its usage

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #16659: postgresql leaks memory or do not limit its usage
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> I migrated a database from postgresql 10.14 in a container to
> postgres:13-alpine in docker. After a migration I see that postgresql
> processes alltogether eat memory without limits until OOM comes.

Not much to go on here.  If you have debug symbols available, maybe
you could attach gdb to one of the bloated processes and do

call MemoryContextStats(TopMemoryContext)

which'd produce a memory usage report on the server's stderr.

Another idea is to start the server under a smaller ulimit,
in hopes of getting ENOMEM failures before reaching the point
of triggering OOM kills.  That would also result in memory
usage reports, so you could get one even if it's a non-debug
build.

Otherwise, we'll have to ask for a reproducible test case ...