Re: Mapping Oracle types to PostgreSQL types

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Mapping Oracle types to PostgreSQL types
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Jean-Michel POURE writes:
>> Is there a way to map Oracle nvarchar2(lenght) to PostgreSQL varchar(lenght)
>> in PostgreSQL 7.3? Are there plans to allow such mapping in the future using
>> the CREATE DOMAIN syntax?

> No to both.  Doing this would most likely require making the affected type
> names be reserved words in the grammar

Right.  At the moment, *all* the type names that support parenthesized
options are hard-wired into the grammar.  I think this is probably
unavoidable because otherwise there is a conflict between interpreting
"foo(3)" as a type name and interpreting it as a function call.  (But
if anyone can think of a way around that, I'm all ears.)

Since varchar(n) is SQL-standard syntax, can't you simply adopt the more
standard name for both databases?

Сообщение: Re: Some thoughts about i/o priorities and throttling vacuum
Сообщение: Re: Some thoughts about i/o priorities and throttling vacuum