Re: libpq host/hostaddr/conninfo inconsistencies

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: libpq host/hostaddr/conninfo inconsistencies
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> From my point of view, the issue here is that the way the
> documentation is written right now tends to lead people to believe
> that if they have a host name, they must pass it via host, and if they
> have an IP address, they must pass it via hostaddr.  Thus pgAdmin 3,
> at least, had code to check whether the input looked like an IP
> address and put it into one field or the other accordingly.  And
> that's stupid.

True, but isn't that because we fail to document at all that you
can put an IP address in "host"?  Which your proposed patch didn't
change, IIRC.

Сообщение: Re: libpq host/hostaddr/conninfo inconsistencies
Сообщение: Re: libpq host/hostaddr/conninfo inconsistencies