Re: Download links

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Download links
Дата
Re: Download links  ("Dave Page" <dpage@pgadmin.org>)
Список pgsql-www
Chander Ganesan <chander@otg-nc.com> writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> How do you come to that conclusion?  I go to
>> http://www.postgresql.org/download/
>> and what I see is a pile of links to community-supplied binaries,
>> and a link to EDB's version, and a link to BitNami's version.

> If you click on OSX, the first option is a commercial one.
> If you click on Linux, the first option is a commercial one (BTW, isn't
> it better to push the OS supplied pacakged version here?).

Hmm, aren't those redundant with the Postgres Plus link on the upper
page?

I tend to find this a bit misleading: both the front page and the
linked-to pages give the impression that you are being pointed to
community-supplied binaries.  With all due respect to Dave, I agree
that having to fork over identifying information to EDB is not
something I want people to think the community is pushing.
        regards, tom lane