Re: 7.4.1 Server Not Starting?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: 7.4.1 Server Not Starting?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Gregory Wood <gwood@ewebengine.com> writes:
> ... I've even gone so far as to:
> postmaster -D /usr/local/pgsql/data
> That was also run as the database superuser. Unfortunately it doesn't
> produce anything, it immediately runs and exits with no error. At this
> point I'd be happy with just an error message!

[blink]  It definitely shouldn't exit without an error message.

One thought that comes to mind is that you might have configured
postgresql.conf to report errors only to syslog and not to stderr.
If so, look in the system logs, or undo that change and try the manual
startup again.

If that's not it, are you game to get out the debugger?  Exiting
without a message is a bug-that-needs-fixed, in my book.