Re: Cygwin cleanup

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Cygwin cleanup
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Tue, Jul 26, 2022 at 4:34 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> If that's an accurate statement, shouldn't we just drop Cygwin support?

> This thread rejected the idea last time around:
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/136712b0-0619-5619-4634-0f0286acaef7%402ndQuadrant.com

I think maybe we should re-open the discussion.  I've certainly
reached the stage of fed-up-ness.  That platform seems seriously
broken, upstream is making no progress on fixing it, and there
doesn't seem to be any real-world use-case.  The only positive
argument for it is that Readline doesn't work in the other
Windows builds --- but we've apparently not rechecked that
statement in eighteen years, so maybe things are better now.

If we could just continue to blithely ignore lorikeet's failures,
I wouldn't mind so much; but doing any significant amount of new
code development work for the platform seems like throwing away
developer time.