Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Document struct/union problem with pgindent.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Document struct/union problem with pgindent.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> + # Structure/union pointers in function prototypes and definitions have an extra
> + # space after the asterisk:
> + #
> + #    void x(struct xxc * a);

> I know we should not be driven by our tools, but is there a case for a
> coding standard that requires use of a typedef name here?

I don't think so.  Shall we artificially create a typedef for standard
objects like "struct stat" in order to follow such a coding rule?  I
think that's just a recipe for confusion.

In any case, a big fraction of the places that have this issue are code
that we've imported from elsewhere (the regex engine, zic) and changing
to typedefs would mean even more drift from upstream and hence
difficulty in following their patches.

It's just a bug in pgindent that we should try to fix sometime.

Сообщение: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Document struct/union problem with pgindent.
Сообщение: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Document struct/union problem with pgindent.