Re: altering foreign key without a table scan

От Vincent de Phily
Тема Re: altering foreign key without a table scan
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Friday 19 August 2011 11:52:50 Tom Lane wrote:
> Vincent de Phily <vincent.dephily@mobile-devices.fr> writes:
> > Thanks for your answer. Experimenting a bit, those columns seem to have
> > only a cosmetic impact, meaning that "\d" will show the schema you
> > expect, but the behaviour remains unchanged (even after restarting
> > postgres).
>
> > Digging further however, I found that pg_triggers can be used for my means
> > :
> IIRC, there are fields of pg_constraint that are copied into the
> pg_trigger rows for the supporting triggers, so as to save one catalog
> lookup at run time.  If you diddle one manually, you'd better diddle
> both.

Some relid values are indeed duplicated in pg_constraint and pg_trigger, but
it doesn't look like I need to fiddle with those ?

I'm only touching pg_trigger.tgfoid and pg_constraint.confdeltype/confupdtype
(which indeed seem to say the same thing in a different way). Do you know if
there is something else I've missed ?

Thanks.

--
Vincent de Phily

Сообщение: Re: Need linux uid in pg-psql
Сообщение: Re: Need linux uid in pg-psql