Re: [DOCS] [HACKERS] Questionable tag usage

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [DOCS] [HACKERS] Questionable tag usage
Дата
Re: [DOCS] [HACKERS] Questionable tag usage  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-docs
> On Fri, Jan 6, 2017 at 10:18 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>>> I don't think there are a lto of people who use dead tree editions anymore,
>>> but they certainly do exist. A lot of people use the PDFs though,
>>> particularly for offline reading or loading them in ebook readers. So it
>>> still has to be workable there.

>> PDFs do have hyperlinks, so that in itself isn't an argument for keeping
>> the dead-tree-friendly approach.  However, I've noticed some variation
>> among tools in whether a PDF hyperlink is visibly distinct, or whether
>> you have to mouse over it to find out that it would take you somewhere.
>> Not sure if that's enough of a usability fail to argue for keeping the
>> old way.

> Personally, I wouldn't sweat it.

Um ... are you expressing an opinion on the question at hand (ie, whether
to continue using "see section m.n"-type cross-references), and if so
in which direction?

Сообщение: Re: [DOCS] [HACKERS] Questionable tag usage
Сообщение: Re: [DOCS] [HACKERS] Questionable tag usage