Re: FW: Postgresql on win32

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: FW: Postgresql on win32
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> We're losing this battle anyway.  Look into src/interfaces/libpq/libpq.rc.

Ugh.  Magnus, is there any reasonable way to generate that thing on the
fly on Win32?

One could imagine fixing this in configure --- have configure generate
libpq.rc from libpq.rc.in, and then treat libpq.rc as part of the
distribution the same as we do for gram.c and so forth.  The version
info could get substituted into config.h.win32 the same way, I suppose.

This is pretty ugly, but you could look at it as being no different
from providing gram.c for those without bison: ship those dependent
files that can't be remade without tools that may not exist on the
target platform.

You'll probably say "that's more trouble than it's worth", but version
info in a file that's only used by a marginally-supported platform is
just the kind of thing that humans will forget to update.