Re: tsearch profiling - czech environment - take 55MB

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: tsearch profiling - czech environment - take 55MB
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> The problem is in very large small allocations - there are 853215 nodes.
> I replaced palloc0 inside mkSPnode by balloc

This goes back to the idea we've discussed from time to time of having a
variant memory context type in which pfree() is a no-op and we dispense
with all the per-chunk overhead.  I guess that if there really isn't any
overhead there then pfree/repalloc would actually crash :-( but for the
particular case of dictionaries that would probably be OK because
there's so little code that touches them.

Сообщение: Re: tsearch profiling - czech environment - take 55MB
Сообщение: Re: tsearch profiling - czech environment - take 55MB