Re: Some more information_schema issues

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Some more information_schema issues
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> True.  Btw., is there a particular value in pg_get_constraintdef always
> printing double pairs of parentheses for CHECK constraints?

No, but it will require some restructuring of the code to get rid of it
safely (where "safely" is defined as "never omitting any parentheses
that *are* necessary").  For the moment I'm willing to live with the
ugliness.  You could consider pretty-printing (pass true to
pg_get_constraintdef) if you think visual appeal is better than
assured correctness.

>> There are several views that display pg_type.typname directly.  I wonder
>> whether any of these ought to be using format_type() instead.

> typname is used in those contexts where the type name appears together
> with a schema name.  In those cases you cannot use the result of
> format_type.

Okay, fair enough.

Сообщение: Re: Some thoughts about i/o priorities and throttling vacuum
Сообщение: Re: Some thoughts about i/o priorities and throttling vacuum