Re: [BUG?] strange behavior in ALTER TABLE ... RENAME TO on inherited columns

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [BUG?] strange behavior in ALTER TABLE ... RENAME TO on inherited columns
Дата
Re: [BUG?] strange behavior in ALTER TABLE ... RENAME TO on inherited columns  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> 2010/1/3 KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@ak.jp.nec.com>:
>> �if (number_of_attribute_origin(myrelid, oldattname) > 1)
>> � � �ereport(ERROR, ...);
>>
>> Am I missing something?

> That sounds about right to me,

It looks remarkably inefficient to me.  Do you propose to search the
entire database's inheritance tree to derive that number?  And do it
over again at each child table?  The method I suggested would allow the
necessary information to be extracted during the initial search for
child tables, which we have to do anyway.