Re: tuning questions

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: tuning questions
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Jack Coates <jack@lyris.com> writes:
> Theories at this point, in no particular order:

> a) major differences between my 7.3.4 from source (compiled with no
> options) and dev's 7.3.2-1PGDG RPMs. Looking at the spec file doesn't
> reveal anything glaring to me, but is there something I'm missing?

There are quite a few performance-related patches between 7.3.2 and
7.3.4.  Most of them should be in 7.3.4's favor but there are some
places where we had to take a performance hit in order to have a
suitably low-risk fix for a bug.  You haven't told us enough about
the problem to know if any of those cases apply, though.  AFAIR
you have not actually showed either the slow query or EXPLAIN ANALYZE
results for it on the two boxes ...