Re: Release 14 Schedule

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Release 14 Schedule
Дата
Re: Release 14 Schedule  (Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
"Jonathan S. Katz" <jkatz@postgresql.org> writes:
> On 9/22/21 11:15 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> On Wed, Sep 22, 2021 at 5:12 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>>> Numerous performance improvements have been made for parallel queries,
>>> heavily-concurrent workloads, partitioned tables, logical replication, and
>>> vacuuming.  Notably, foreign data wrappers can now make use of query
>>> parallelism.

>> "foreign data wrappers and stored procedures/functions" maybe?

> +1

I thought the point about FDWs was important because actual work (by
FDW authors) is needed to make anything happen.  The extra parallelism
inside plpgsql functions doesn't require user effort, so I don't see
that it needs to be called out separately.

>> I have a feeling emergency mode vacuum fits on that list. Not in the
>> press release, but in the major features list of the release notes.

> Given some recent news I saw floating around, I'd agree with this.

Meh ... if it didn't make the press release's longer list, why is
it critical here?

> My suggestion on ordering:

My thought was "SQL features first, then performance".