Re: SQLSTATE XX000 Internal Error 7

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: SQLSTATE XX000 Internal Error 7
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Ben Madin <lists@remoteinformation.com.au> writes:
> On 03/05/2012, at 11:57 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> So this is smelling like a kernel or filesystem bug.  I wonder exactly
>> which OS X update you're running, and what sort of filesystem the
>> database is stored on.

> [ it's an up-to-date, pretty vanilla looking OS X Lion installation ]

Hm, so no smoking gun visible there.  Can you put together a
self-contained test case that triggers this error for you?  I recognize
that it'll be of the form "if you run this long enough, it'll fail"
rather than a deterministic failure, but that's OK.  What we want to
know at this point is if anyone else can reproduce it.  If we can do
that, and can show positively that the kernel is returning EINVAL for
valid-looking open() arguments, we'll have the needed ammunition to
file a bug with Apple.

> (PS How did you come to deciding that it was EINVAL - is that 'Error INVALid argument'?)

The "Invalid argument" part of our error message comes from strerror(),
and that's the standard text for EINVAL.