Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add documentation for Windows on how to set an environment

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add documentation for Windows on how to set an environment
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> I think environment variables are used rarely enough on Win32 that we
>> should supply a hint.

> I think every Windows administrator who is not totally clueless knows
> how to set the environment. Maybe home users don't use it much, but
> admins certainly need to know about it.

Another argument against it is that the libpq documentation is an
entirely random place to discuss it, as libpq is hardly the only part of
Postgres that responds to environment variables.

I liked the idea of mentioning it in the Windows FAQ, instead.