Re: Order changes in PG16 since ICU introduction

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Order changes in PG16 since ICU introduction
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> writes:
> On 6/6/23 15:18, Jeff Davis wrote:
>> The locale "C" is a special case, documented as a non-locale. So, if
>> LOCALE/--locale apply to ICU, then either ICU needs to handle locale
>> "C" in the expected way (v8 patch series); or when we see locale "C" we
>> need to somehow change the provider into something that can handle it
>> (v6 patch series changes it to the "none" provider).

> +1 to the latter approach

Also +1, except that I find "none" a rather confusing choice of name.
There *is* a provider, it's just PG itself not either libc or ICU.
I thought Joe's suggestion of "internal" made more sense.

Сообщение: Re: pg_collation.collversion for C.UTF-8
Сообщение: Re: pg_collation.collversion for C.UTF-8