Re: psql: Add role's membership options to the \du+ command

От Pavel Luzanov
Тема Re: psql: Add role's membership options to the \du+ command
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 22.02.2023 00:34, David G. Johnston wrote:
This is the format I've gone for (more-or-less) in my RoleGraph view (I'll be sharing it publicly in the near future).

bob from grantor (a, s, i) \n
adam from postgres (a, s, i) \n
emily from postgres (empty)

I think this is a good compromise.

Based upon prior comments going for something like the following is undesirable:  bob=asi/grantor

Agree. Membership options are not the ACL (although they have similarities). Therefore, showing them as a ACL-like column will be confusing.

So, please find attached the second version of the patch. It implements suggested display format and small refactoring of existing code for \du command.
As a non-native writer, I have doubts about the documentation part.
--
Pavel Luzanov
Postgres Professional: https://postgrespro.com