Re: [HACKERS] Build failure on thrips

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Build failure on thrips
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Build failure on thrips  (Michael Meskes <meskes@postgresql.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Michael Meskes <meskes@postgresql.org> writes:
> The bug fix I committed for fixing setlocale in ECPG test cases on Windows
> seems to work nicely on all buildfarm animals except thrips. Could anyone with
> access to a similar systems please check what's going on or send the
> precompiled file that creates the compilation errors?

It's not just thrips.  Of the Windows machines that have reported in since
that commit, only currawong and baiji passed.  Although lorikeet,
woodlouse, bowerbird, and brolga are showing green, this proves nothing
because they're all configured to skip the ecpg check (... I wonder why).

In the rest, we have

frogmouth:
thread_implicit.pgc: In function 'test_thread':
thread_implicit.pgc:104:2: warning: implicit declaration of function '_configthreadlocale'
thread_implicit.pgc:104:22: error: '_ENABLE_PER_THREAD_LOCALE' undeclared (first use in this function)

jacana:
Aug 26 09:06:40 thread_implicit.o: In function `test_thread':
Aug 26 09:06:40
c:\mingw\msys\1.0\home\pgrunner\bf\root\HEAD\pgsql.build\src\interfaces\ecpg\test\thread/thread_implicit.pgc:104:
undefinedreference to `_configthreadlocale'

thrips is showing some weird syntax errors that I suspect mean it's
misinterpreting "_configthreadlocale(_ENABLE_PER_THREAD_LOCALE);"
as a declaration.

So what it looks like to me is that either that function isn't
available on all Windows versions, or there's some other header
you need to include to get it on some versions.