Re: int8.c compile problem on UnixWare 7.x

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: int8.c compile problem on UnixWare 7.x
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I am sorry Billy but the new code is much harder to understand than the
> original, so I am not inclined to change it based on a compiler bug, for
> which SCO is so famous.

I agree that I'm not eager to uglify the code that much to avoid a
single-platform compiler bug.  Can it be worked around with less-ugly
changes?  I'd try changing the --i to i--, for example; and/or swapping
the order of the two initialization assignments.  Neither of those would
impair readability noticeably.