Re: pg_upgrade vs user created range type extension

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_upgrade vs user created range type extension
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I have just encountered an apparent bug in pg_upgrade (or possibly pg_dump).

Hmm, it sort of looks like pg_dump believes it should dump the range's
constructor function in binary-upgrade mode, while the backend is creating
the constructor function during CREATE TYPE anyway.  But if that's the
case, upgrade of user-defined range types would never have worked ...
seems like we should have noticed before now.

If that diagnosis is correct, we should either change pg_dump to not
dump that function, or change CREATE TYPE AS RANGE to not auto-create
the constructor functions in binary-upgrade mode.  The latter might be
more flexible in the long run.