Re: Allow escape in application_name (was: [postgres_fdw] add local pid to fallback_application_name)

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: Allow escape in application_name (was: [postgres_fdw] add local pid to fallback_application_name)
Дата
Ответ на RE: Allow escape in application_name (was: [postgres_fdw] add local pid to fallback_application_name)  ("kuroda.hayato@fujitsu.com" <kuroda.hayato@fujitsu.com>)
Ответы RE: Allow escape in application_name (was: [postgres_fdw] add local pid to fallback_application_name)  ("kuroda.hayato@fujitsu.com" <kuroda.hayato@fujitsu.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers

On 2021/09/03 14:56, kuroda.hayato@fujitsu.com wrote:
> Dear Fujii-san,
>
> Thank you for your great works. Attached is the latest version.

Thanks a lot!

> I set four testcases:
>
> (1) Sets neither GUC nor server option
> (2) Sets server option, but not GUC
> (3) Sets GUC but not server option
> (4) Sets both GUC and server option

OK.

> I confirmed it almost works fine, but I found that
> fallback_application_name will be never used in our test enviroment.
> It is caused because our test runner pg_regress sets PGAPPNAME to "pg_regress" and
> libpq prefer the environment variable to fallback_appname.
> (I tried to control it by \setenv, but failed...)

make check uses "pg_regress", but I guess that make installcheck uses
"postgres_fdw". So the patch would cause make installcheck to fail.
I think that the case (1) is not so important, so can be removed. Thought?

Attached is the updated version of the patch. I removed the test
for case (1). And I arranged the regression tests so that they are based
on debug_discard_caches, to simplify them. Also I added and updated
some comments and docs. Could you review this version?

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
Advanced Computing Technology Center