[ERROR] Copy from CSV fails due to memory error.

От Kostas Chasialis
Тема [ERROR] Copy from CSV fails due to memory error.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hey.

I am facing an issue when I try to run the following command

COPY <table_name> FROM <file> WITH DELIMITER E',’;

This file, is rather large, it's around 178GBs.

When I try to run this COPY command I get the following error:

ERROR:  out of memory
DETAIL:  Failed on request of size 2048 in memory context "AfterTriggerEvents".
CONTEXT:  COPY ssbm300_lineorder, line 50796791

Clearly a memory allocation function is failing but I have no clue how to fix it.

I have tried experimenting with shared_buffers value in postgresql.conf file but after searching a bit I quickly
realizedthat I do not know what I am doing there so I left it with default value. Same with work_mem value.

Did you face this issue before? Can you help me resolve it?

Thanks in advance!