AW: AW: Big 7.1 open items

От Zeugswetter Andreas SB
Тема AW: AW: Big 7.1 open items
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > As I said in another posting a user does not need to exist
> > for each schema. The dba can create objects under any
> > schema name.
> >

> Sorry for my poor understanding.
> What I meant was that SQL92 allows the following.
>
>     schema        owner
>     ---------------------------
>     schema1    user1
>     schema2    user1
>     schema3    user2
>     schema4    user3
>     schema5    user3
>     schema6    user3
>
> Is my understaning same as yours ?

Yes, this is how I read the spec 99. Also:schema1    user1schema1    user2

I doubt that this really buys any features that a simple grant cannot give.
I mean, if a user creates an object with a schema name that is different
from his user name we could simply grant him all rights on this object
(if he isn't dba).

Andreas