AW: Big projet, please help

От Zeugswetter Andreas SB
Тема AW: Big projet, please help
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> The only commercial replication system that I am familiar
> with will go both
> ways, but not for the same table. ie.
>
> DB1           DB2
> ===           ===
> Table1  --->  Table1
> Table2  <---  Table2

No. Informix has update everywhere replication in the standard IDS server.
Informix replication is configurable from sync to async repl (Laptops) with
several options of behavior in the case of conflict (network outage ...) .

> But you could implement a kind of replication by using triggers on the
> tables to be replicated: write out the record key, and the operation
> performed (add, change,delete) to another table. Then have an
> (hourly?)
> replication process that sends the changes to the replicated
> database(s).
> Pretty low-tech, but probably quite reliable.

If you can, I would do the replication online in the trigger stored
procedure.
This of course implys an update everywhere or not at all. If connection
between
the two servers is lost no update is possible.

Andreas