AW: [HACKERS] TRANSACTIONS

От Zeugswetter Andreas SB
Тема AW: [HACKERS] TRANSACTIONS
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>  AFAIK, MS Access have no transactions inside it,
>  Informix (at least old versions I worked with) always
>  perform create,drop, alter object outside transaction
>  but IMHO it's not right behavior.

MS Access has transactions and Informix (Version 5.00 - 9.20) performs
create, drop, alter inside the transaction, same as Oracle and DB2.

>  I believe postgres's behavior more meaningful,
> but IMHO, this example is quite far from real life.

I am pretty sure that the behavior of the others
is the standard.

What PostgreSQL currently also lacks, to make this really useful
is ANSI SQL SQLSTATE (most others also have an int sqlcode),
so you can decide wether this certain error can be ignored or fixed
inside this transaction.
The string parsing we can do is far from optimal.

Andreas