AW: [HACKERS] Informix and OUTER join syntax

От Zeugswetter Andreas SB
Тема AW: [HACKERS] Informix and OUTER join syntax
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Looking in the Informix manuals, I now see how they handle
> complex outer
> joins:
>
>     SELECT *
>     FROM tab1, OUTER(tab2, tab3)
>     WHERE tab1.col1 = tab2.col1 AND
>           tab2.col1 = tab3.col1
>
> It does the tab2, tab3 join first, then _outer_ joins to tab1.
> Interesting.

Ok, just to clarify:

this select gives at least one row for every row in tab1
if an inner join on tab2, tab3 does not give a match (tab1.col1=tab2.col1)
all columns of tab2 and tab3 are set to null for that row.

If that is what you said, I didn't understand it.

Andreas