AW: [HACKERS] Re: Regress tests reveal *serious* psql bug

От Zeugswetter Andreas SB
Тема AW: [HACKERS] Re: Regress tests reveal *serious* psql bug
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> If I'm going to hack around in that code, one related question: what
> should the deal be regarding variable interpolation into quoted
> strings? Yes/No/Maybe?

definitely No. If you want to specify a string with an embedded variable,
the imho expected syntax would be:

'The table ' || :tabname || ' is empty'

Of course that has the problem, that psql would have to quote the :tabname
content.

Andreas