AW: [HACKERS] psql & regress tests

От Zeugswetter Andreas SEV
Тема AW: [HACKERS] psql & regress tests
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > * Since no one has picked up on my idea to run the tests
> directly on the
> > backend, I will keep reiterating this idea until someone shuts me up
> > :*) The idea would be to have a target "check" in the top
> level makefile
> > like this (conceptually):
>
> Running the backend standalone does not use locking with
> other backends,
> so it is dangerous.

Well, he is talking about a newly created database that resides in the build

directory tree, so this is not of concern, since it is nowhere that any
other backend
can connect to.

My concern would rather be, that you would not be testing the locking, exev
Is it possible to start one backend in the same way postmaster would start
it ?

Andreas