Re: Selectivity of "=" (Re: [HACKERS] Index not used on simple se lect)

От Zeugswetter Andreas IZ5
Тема Re: Selectivity of "=" (Re: [HACKERS] Index not used on simple se lect)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Yes, I think we index nulls.  What are partial indexes?

A create index statement that accepts a where condition. All
rows that satisfy the where condition are indexed, others not.
This needs intelligence in the optimizer.

This was in postgresql code some time ago, but was removed
for some reason I don't remember.

Example: create index ax0 on a (id) where id is not null;

Andreas

От: Zeugswetter Andreas IZ5
Сообщение: Re: Selectivity of "=" (Re: [HACKERS] Index not used on simple se lect)
От: Oleg Bartunov
Сообщение: row reuse while UPDATE and vacuum analyze problem