AW: [HACKERS] livetime of a variable defined in a c-procedure (fw d)

От ZEUGSWETTER Andreas IZ5
Тема AW: [HACKERS] livetime of a variable defined in a c-procedure (fw d)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> "Victoria W." <wicki@terror.de> writes:
> > CREATE FUNCTION add_rechnr(int4) RETURNS int4
> >               AS '/usr/local/pgsql/lib/modules/funcs.so' LANGUAGE 'c';
>
> I don't think there is an "unload shared library" function in Postgres
> (it'd be hard or impossible to implement on some Unixes, anyway).  So
> the only way to stop referencing a shared library once it's been opened
> is to terminate the backend process.

In my experience you can do the psql command:

load '/usr/local/pgsql/lib/modules/funcs.so';

after you changed the lib to load the new library into the backend.
Unfortunately I think you will lose the last value in "rechnr".

Andreas

От: Hannu Krosing
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] 6.6 items
От: ZEUGSWETTER Andreas IZ5
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Bizarre coding in _bt_binsrch