AW: [HACKERS] "CANNOT EXTEND" -

От Zeugswetter Andreas IZ5
Тема AW: [HACKERS] "CANNOT EXTEND" -
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> >psql -qc 'copy onek to stdout' regression | gzip --fast -c | split -b512m
> -
> >onek.unl.
>
> Is there any danger when you split these files? I'm worried about
> corruption, etc.

On the contrary, gzip will notice file corruption when decompressing,
since it checks the CRC. You won't notice otherwise. We do our Informix
backups this way, that are about 1 - 15 Gb (compression factor ~ 1:4).
We haven't had problems since using this method (3 years now).

> So what is the command to pull it back from the segments?

You get files with suffix aa ab ac and so on.
If you make sure no other files lurk around, that match the following mask,
you simply restore with:

cat onek.unl.* | gzip -cd | psql -qc 'copy onek from stdin' regression
Andreas

От: Clark Evans
Сообщение: Trigger Tangent (Was: bind (Was: sequences ))
От: "Hiroshi Inoue"
Сообщение: indexes with OR clauses is slow ?