AW: [HACKERS] DROPping tables with SERIALs

От Zeugswetter Andreas IZ5
Тема AW: [HACKERS] DROPping tables with SERIALs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
ishow SERIAL works in Informix. >> >> Ah.  OK, if that's what they do then I agree we ought to act the

same.>I hope that this wasn't to say that the SERIAL should substitute
for 0>as well as NULL.  That would be quite annoying.  I say stick to
NULL.
Yes,  0 is an allowed value for a serial, that should not be
substituted.I like the behavior that a NULL is substituted.Informix is a little dull here. It forces a not null
constraint,and

will thereforeraise an error if a null is inserted. I don't see any advantage in
this behavior.(You are forced to skip the field in the insert statement to get a
generated serial)
Andreas