Re: [HACKERS] DROPping tables with SERIALs

От Zeugswetter Andreas IZ5
Тема Re: [HACKERS] DROPping tables with SERIALs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>>> Another question is whether a SERIAL field should automatically
be>>> UNIQUE (ie, create a unique index on it to prevent mistakes in
manual>>> insertion of values for the field).>>> Once again - I would like to see SERIAL compatible with>>
SERIAL/IDENTYin other RDBMSes.>>Yes, and?  What do the other ones do?

In Informix you need to create the unique index explicitly. I like this
because it keeps
things flexible. The unique constraint could be on a compount key.

Andreas