Re: pg_dump

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_dump
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
"stephen" <mail@xesoftware.com.au> writes:
> I am trying to run pg_dump from a perl script.

> I do this:

> system("pg_dump -U postgres eventOrganizer");

> and it fires it up but it then wants me to manually enter the password.
> I couldn't find any option to enter the password as part of the call. Is
> there one? Is there any other way to do this?

There is no way to put it on the command line, and you wouldn't want to
use it if there was, because that would expose the password to anyone
able to run "ps".  Instead, put the password in a ~/.pgpass file for the
user running the perl script.  See
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/libpq-pgpass.html