Re: pgsql: Make heap TID a tiebreaker nbtree index column.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql: Make heap TID a tiebreaker nbtree index column.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> writes:
> On Wed, Mar 20, 2019 at 3:11 PM Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> wrote:
>> On Wed, Mar 20, 2019 at 3:08 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>>> And done.  Should be possible to revert 7d3bf73ac, if you wish.

> Actually, I'm not sure why it would be fine to revert 7d3bf73ac now.
> Might the problem actually be the order in which OIDs are originally
> assigned, or something like that?

No, because then things would have been unstable before, no?

I actually think that we should remove most or all of the
cascade-drop-hiding hacks that are in the regression tests now,
not only that one.  They should not be necessary any more, and
they might be hiding things we need to know about, now or in
the future.  But I haven't got round to it.