Re: psql \l to accept patterns

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: psql \l to accept patterns
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Satoshi Nagayasu <snaga@uptime.jp> writes:
> First of all, I was looking for some regression tests for
> CREATE/ALTER/DROP DATABASE commands, but I couldn't find them
> in the test/regress/sql/ directory. So, I asked the question.

> I guess these database tests are in pg_regress.c. Right?

Yeah, we don't bother with explicit tests of CREATE/DROP DATABASE
because that's inherently tested by creating/replacing the regression
database(s).  And these actions are expensive enough that I'm not
eager to add several more of them to the test sequence without darn
good reason.  I'm not sure how much of ALTER DATABASE's functionality
we're testing, though as you say pg_regress itself does some of that.
It might be reasonable to add some more tests of ALTER cases.