Re: [GENERAL] Postgres logs to syslog LOCAL0

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Postgres logs to syslog LOCAL0
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
han.holl@informationslogik.nl writes:
> On Friday 14 October 2005 19:05, you wrote:
>> [ redirecting to a more appropriate list ]
>>> +preload_libraries =
>>> '/usr/prod/postgres/rubriek:rub_initialize,/usr/prod/postgres/drap,/usr/p
>>> rod/postgres/naam'
>>
>> Han, what are these libraries?  Is it possible that any of them are
>> issuing openlog() calls?
>>
> Yes, it does:
> static void log_error(const char *mess, int code)
> {
>         openlog("PG_FETCH", 0, LOG_LOCAL0);
>         syslog(LOG_ERR, "%s %d", mess, code);
>         closelog();
> }

> I didn't think of this because I didn't see the PG_FETCH in the log.

Well, that explains both the disappearance of the LOG_PID bit and the
reversion to LOCAL0 ... I think.  One issue is that if that openlog()
call overrode our original one, then why didn't we see PG_FETCH in the
log messages?

What platform are you on, exactly?  I'm hoping it's something we can
look at the source of openlog for ...