Re: text_position worst case runtime

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: text_position worst case runtime
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Jim C. Nasby" <jnasby@pervasive.com> writes:
> Perhaps it would be best to add a seperate set of functions that use
> boyer-moore, and reference them in appropriate places in the
> documentation. Unless someone has a better idea on how we can find out
> what people are actually doing in the field...

You've obviously missed the point of my concern, which is code bloat.
A parallel set of functions incorporating B-M would make things worse
not better from that standpoint.  (Unless you are proposing that someone
do it as a separate pgfoundry project; which'd be fine with me.  I'm
just concerned about how much we buy into as core features.)