Re: PostgreSQL and a clustered file system

От Achilleas Mantzios
Тема Re: PostgreSQL and a clustered file system
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello Ivan,

this sounds so "mainframe-ish", i recall, in IBM MVS (circa 1990+) we used to attach two systems to
the same "DASDie" storage, and then employ disk serialization provided by the OS to achieve some
integrity to the data. (do not get me wrong i had adequate Unix/SUNOS/Ultrix experience
before i had to go through all that MVS stuff, which made it even more painful!).

On Δευ 12 Νοε 2012 11:03:14 Ivan Voras wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is anyone running PostgreSQL on a clustered file system on Linux? By
> "clustered" I actually mean "shared", such that the same storage is
> mounted by different servers at the same time (of course, only one
> instance of PostgreSQL on only one server can be running on such a
> setup, and there are a lot of other precautions that need to be satisfied).

-
Achilleas Mantzios
IT DEPT