Re: hung backends stuck in spinlock heavy endless loop

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: hung backends stuck in spinlock heavy endless loop
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 2015-01-14 10:05:01 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Hah, I suspected as much.  Is that the one that's stuck in
>> LockBufferForCleanup, or the other one that's got a similar backtrace
>> to all the user processes?

> Do you have a theory? Right now it primarily looks like contention on a
> single buffer due to the high number of dynamic statements, possibly
> made worse by the signalling between normal pinners and vacuum waiting
> for cleanup.

The readers shouldn't be contending with each other.  It's certainly
plausible enough that there's a steady stream of readers that would
prevent LockBufferForCleanup from getting in, but that should not
result in any readers getting blocked.  So something's gotten broken
in that area.

Сообщение: Re: hung backends stuck in spinlock heavy endless loop
Сообщение: Re: hung backends stuck in spinlock heavy endless loop