Re: syntax troubles using "deferrable initially deferred"

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: syntax troubles using "deferrable initially deferred"
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Gauthier, Dave" <dave.gauthier@intel.com> writes:
> create table templates
> (
>   template text,
>   constraint template_not_null_check (template is nit null) deferrable initially deferred);

> ERROR  syntax error at or near "DEFERRABLE"
> LINE 4: ...nt template_not_null_check (template is not null) DEFERRABLE...

Sorry, there are no deferrable check constraints in Postgres.
We only handle deferrable foreign keys (8.5 will have deferrable
unique also).  By and large there isn't any good reason that I
can see for a deferrable check constraint --- you might as well
check the row when it goes in.  (If you are trying something cute
that depends on the timing of the check, be advised that it probably
wouldn't work reliably anyway.)