Re: [HACKERS] Subscription code improvements

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Subscription code improvements
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I wish you'd stop splitting error message strings across multiple lines.
> I've been trapped by a faulty grep not matching a split error message a
> number of times :-(  I know by now to remove words until I get a match,
> but it seems an unnecessary trap for the unwary.

Yeah, that's my number one reason for not splitting error messages, too.
It's particularly nasty if similar strings appear in multiple places and
they're not all split alike, as you can get misled into thinking that a
reported error must have occurred in a place you found, rather than
someplace you didn't.

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Subscription code improvements
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Subscription code improvements